Umpires and Markers Association.Bowls Etiquette
1. Be conversant with the Laws of Lawn Bowling, and observe them.
2. Be punctual to commence play at all matches, and come to each game correctly attired.
3. Keep quiet, and refrain from moving when players are on the mat.
4. Stand BEHIND the mat while your opponent bowls.
5. ALWAYS STAND STILL AT THE HEAD when a player is about to bowl, movement at the head or TALKING at the mat end is very distracting.
6 Walk close to the centre of the rink with minimum delay when changing ends, as you could distract play on the next rink.
7 DO NOT DELAY PLAY. Always deliver a bowl with minimum delay.
8 NEVER deliver your bowl before the previous bowl has come to rest.
9. KEEP TRACK OF PLAY. Be ready to play when it is your turn.
10. Every player should assist in collecting bowls when the head is completed.
11. Always pay your skip the respect of waiting for their decision. DO NOT step onto the mat and indicate which way YOU intend playing. Wait for the skip’s instructions.
12. NEVER applaud lucky bowls – Accept them graciously.
13. NEVER complain about lucky bowls – they equal each other out in the long run.
15. ALWAYS obtain the agreement of your opponent if you wish to leave the green.
16. If you lose, BE A GOOD LOSER.
17. Win or lose, ALWAYS shake hands with your opponent and thank them for the game.
18. Offer your opponent or opposite number and the marker in singles a drink after the game.
ABOVE ALL, ENJOY THE GAME OF BOWLS FOR ITS PLEASURE AND THE FRIENDSHIP IT PROVIDES